Tuesday, June 26, 2007

96p don't come for free

Is it possible that ebay has the worst website in the world? So long as there is MySpace it can't be true, but ebay must be duking it out for one of the top spaces on that list. I recently concluded my first transaction using ebay (selling 4 assorted bits of household stuff we no longer want) and while the transactions went smoothly gawd durn does that website make me sick! So much visual noise. It doesn't need to be so hard, but when you're top dog in a big market you don't need to worry about design. To be fair I think most of the big name websites look like they were designed by a three year old, but at least Google keeps their pages clean.

Lots of little incidents recently. Two that stick in my mind are the cops outside a neighbours house (didn't find out why, as no-one was home), and our ill cat (boo! But getting better now.)

PS: The post title is what I made on one sale after PayPal took their cut. As the buyer collected the goods I don't know why they didn't pay cash.

No comments: